It is important that you read these terms & conditions in full before you place an order with us. Prior to an order being completed, you will have to tick a box to say that you have read & accepted these terms.
98% of our orders arrive in perfect condition. In the unlikely event of this not being the case we have detailed all the options below.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Switch, Solo and Delta.
Receipt of order confirmation
Prices are as set out on the website and include VAT at the current rate. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time. It may be necessary to change prices either up or down, from time to time, including any alterations to the rate of VAT. Any price changes will be confirmed to you at the time of ordering.
Portrayal of products
While every effort has been made to portray items accurately, slight variations may occur. All measurements quoted are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow. If you need to make a close colour match, we do have colour samples for some of the products which we can send out to you upon request. Please contact us.
All rights, including copyright, for this website are owned by or licensed to Purves Two Ltd trading as Purves & Purves. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Purves Two Ltd. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
Safety of products
All products comply with appropriate safety and consumer regulations. In the unlikely event of a product being recalled, we would notify you immediately with clear instructions of what action you need to take.
We do our upmost to make sure that stock is correct. In the event that there is insufficient stock to fulfill your order we will contact you the next business day. We will give you a number of options but if you would prefer a full refund we will of course process this immediately.
If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, you may send it back to us within 14 days of receipt. As long as the product is in perfect condition & in the original packaging we will refund the full value of the goods.
We strongly recommend that you use a ‘trackable’ service as you are responsible for the item until it is received safely by us. If you use the Royal Mail, make sure that you have a proof of postage receipt which is issued free of charge by the post office.
We regret that the postage, packing and insurance incurred in the delivery of the goods to you are direct costs, and cannot be refunded, except in the case of cancellations as detailed above. This does not affect your statutory rights.
It is important to note that bespoke furniture, special orders, flat-packed items that have been assembled, made-to-order items, gift vouchers and personalised items, can only be returned or exchanged if faulty.
Important terms for special orders
1) Customers must check all details on an order and advise of any errors within 48 hours. Special orders cannot be cancelled or returned after this time. At the time of placing an order a deposit of 50% of the total order will need to be paid. The balance needs to be paid in full once the goods are ready for delivery but before they can be dispatched.
In extremely special circumstances, where a customer wants to cancel a special order after 48hrs we may consider a cancellation. A substantial cancellation fee would be charged This would be at our discretion & each case would be considered individually.
2) Particular care should be taken with colours where this is critical. If samples are needed before ordering, please ask before confirming the order. Colours shown in a catalogue or on the internet cannot be taken as accurate, and are an indication of the colour finish only.
3) We will do our best to meet the quoted delivery date but this cannot be guaranteed. Any delivery date given is an estimate only. However, we will keep you informed of any changes that may occur, as and when we are notified by the suppliers. We cannot accept liability for consequential loss arising from delays.
4) If you cannot accept delivery when goods are due, we can discuss temporary short term storage arrangements and reserve the right to make a charge.
5) It is your responsibility to ensure that furniture ordered can be easily delivered into the designated space. Any special circumstances or difficulties can be discussed in advance and prices provided for special deliveries. Any additional costs incurred in effecting delivery or installation of goods will be charged to you.
7) Goods supplied remain the property of Purves Two ltd (Purves & Purves), until paid for in full.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Faulty or damaged goods
When an item is delivered to you, you will need to ‘sign for it.’ Ideally you should check the item before signing. However, if this is not possible, make sure that you write ‘unchecked’ on the signature slip.
1. Ideally & provided we have the item in stock, we will arrange for the damaged item to be collected & a replacement delivered simultaneously, on a day to suit you.
2. If we do not have a replacement item we can either collect the damaged item & agree to either send the replacement item at a later date or process a full refund for the goods & delivery charge.
3. If the damage is small & you are able to send us an image, we can give you the option of keeping the item for a discounted price. If this is agreed, we will simply refund the agreed amount to the card on which you made the original payment.
Our returns address is:
Purves & Purves, 43 Houndean Rise, Lewes BN7 1EQ.
Every effort is made to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects however, this cannot be guaranteed. Purves Two Ltd shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur within your account. Purves Two Ltd shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
Our software encrypts all of your personal information, including name, address and credit card details. Information remains scrambled whenever it is transmitted over the web. This means that when ordering via our site all your payment details are secure. You may also order by phone. We will take your payment details, & once your order has been processed these are then securely shredded.
If you have any queries you may contact us in one of the following ways:
Telephone us Mon- Fri 9.30am to 5pm on 020 3397 3723.
Write to us at: Purves & Purves, 43 Houndean Rise, Lewes BN7 1EQ.